Conveniently located at every community-based offices every county of the State, SHIP-Medicare Specialists provide:
- Free, confidential, and unbiased health insurance counseling.
- Assistance in applying for cost savings programs to reduce your Medicare out-of-pocket expenses.
- Help comparing insurance plan options so you can find the most cost effective Medicare Prescription Drug plan based on your individual prescription needs.
- Help in analyzing other Medicare programs such as Medicare Supplements and Medicare Advantage Health plans.
- Trainings and self-study guides so you can do your own research on Medicare benefits and other program options.
- A lending library of Medicare publications, senior-related resources and caregiver information.
- Unique enrichment opportunities by becoming a Volunteer with the SHIP program to help people with Medicare in your community.
ServiceLink Resource Centers can help answer your questions:
- Why did Medicare denial services?
- How do I read my Medicare Beneficiary Notice?
- Does Medicare pay for preventive and screening services?
- How can I decide how to choose a Medicare Supplement insurance?
- When do I enroll in Part B, if I’m still working?
- What are the advantages of Medicare Advantage Health Plans?
ServiceLink Resource Centers can help answer your questions about reducing your Medicare expenses:
The Medicare Saving Programs (or Buy-Ins) can save you money on your Medicare Part B (medical) expenses.
Based on your monthly income and resources/assets, these programs pay your Monthly Medicare Part B Premium, which could be an annual savings of nearly $1,300 for a single person or $2,520 for a married couple.
There are different levels of requirement and assistance, so please call ServiceLink to find out if you qualify for one of them.
You could get "Extra Help" for Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Coverage if your monthly income is less than $1,471 for one person, or $1,991 for a married couple, and your assets or resources are less than $13,640 for one person, or $27,250 for a married couple.
- Your monthly income is less than $1,471 for one person, or $1,991 for a married couple,
and your assets or resources are less than $13,640 for one person,
- or $27,250 for a married couple
Call ServiceLink at 1-866-634-9412 to see if you, or a family member or friend could qualify.
If you would like to contact the Medicare Specialist in your area, click on the county name below and you will be able to send an email to them.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Belknap County, Laconia)
- Cindy Seaward-Salvati (Carroll County, Tamworth)
(Coos County, Berlin)
(Grafton County, Lebanon and Littleton)
(Hillsborough County, Manchester and Nashua)
- email@example.com (Merrimack County, Concord)
(Monadnock Region, Keene)
(Rockingham County, Portsmouth and Atkinson)
(Strafford County, Rochester)
(Sullivan County, Claremont)
Protect your private information. Do not send your personal information, date of birth, Medicare or Social Security number in your email message.